When it comes to quick and tasty meals, homemade chicken fajitas should be your go-to solution in almost any occasion. This meal is one of many excellent Mexican dishes, and the best thing about it is that you don’t have to follow a particular recipe strictly but rather add or omit ingredients as you deem appropriate. As long as you keep the basic, fundamental ingredients intact, this meal will make your guests scrape the pan every single time.
Since there are so many chicken fajita recipes out there, it’s sometimes quite challenging to choose the right one or the one that seems the most appealing. Worry not though; we have just the right recipes for you! Take a moment to check out some of our suggestions and feel free to try them out when you get a chance, we promise you won’t be disappointed.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
As we’ve mentioned, it’s super-easy to prepare and cook this dish, even if you don’t fancy cooking for some inexplicable reason. Jokes aside, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 lime
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3 bell peppers
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika (preferably smoked)
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
The important thing to mention is that these ingredients are for 4 servings.
- Cut and slice the peppers and onions into slivers
- Use a separate bowl to mix chili, paprika, pepper, cumin, salt, onion powder, juice of ½ lime, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Subsequently, cut the chicken breasts into strips and toss in the mixture. This mixture will serve as a marinade
- After a couple of minutes, use a pan and preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook it for about 3-6 minutes. If you can’t cook it all at once, don’t be afraid to split the chicken into two halves and do it that way
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan, set it aside, and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. While that’s preheating, drain the onions, cook them for about 2 minutes and then add in your sliced peppers. Cook this mixture for another 2 minutes, add your chicken back to the pan and mix everything up.
- Once the meal is finished, squeeze some lime juice over the top
Easy Fajita Recipe – Add-ons and Alternatives
Now that you have the basic idea of what constitutes a homemade chicken fajita recipe, we can dive a bit deeper into the alternatives.
For example, some people love adding avocados into the mixture. There is a possible argument that this addition somehow makes the whole meal lose its authenticity, but at the end of the day, it is entirely a prerogative of yours to add whatever you think will make sense.
Exploring the World of Hot Peppers
If you’re an avid connoisseur of spicy food, superhot peppers are an essential part of your meals. Throw in a slice of Carolina Reaper or Moruga Scorpion into the mixture, and we guarantee it’s going to be a breathtaking experience, both figuratively and literally.
Whether you serve this dish on a plate or perhaps like to wrap it in a tortilla, you might want to think about including some toppings into your recipe for chicken fajitas.
Here are some we recommend:
- Black Beans and Rice
- Sour Cream
Now that we’ve supplied you with plenty of info, it’s your turn. Once you’ve made your very own Chicken Fajita, let us know how it worked out in the comment section below. However, if you want to indulge in this dish without preparing it on your own – we support that as well! Pay us a visit and try our finger-lickin’ Chicken Fajita Wrap. Also, if you’re looking for Serbian cuisine near you, we’re your go-to place. Everything you need under one roof. That’s how we do.