When it comes to Mexican food, here at Rakija Grill, we like to say it this way: Good food comes with delicious ingredients but also with great culture and great people who make it. If you ever wanted to make an interesting Mexican meal, this Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla recipe is the best option.
You can have warm and salty, homemade cheese quesadilla on the dinner table in less than half an hour with a few quick shortcut ingredients. If you need to learn the basic steps of how chicken quesadilla should be made, this is the place to start.
Just imagine yourself in the afternoon, preparing this tasty, juicy dinner out of just a few simple ingredients and making it the best part of your day. Ever wondered what makes a great recipe truly great? Well, this cheese quesadilla recipe is all about enjoying the process of cooking, which is exactly what brings the magic to the kitchen table.
So let’s get to it! Prepare yourself for a new recipe, roll up your sleeves and give it a go! We wish you a fun and yummy experience!
Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Ingredients:
- one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- two bell peppers, thinly sliced
- one or two onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- one lb. skinless chicken breasts without bones, sliced into strips
- one or two tablespoons of chili
- one to two tablespoons of ground cumin
- one to two tablespoons of oregano
- four medium flour tortillas
- two cups shredded Monterey jack
- two cups shredded cheddar
- one avocado, sliced
- one tablespoon vegetable oil
- two green onions, thinly sliced
- one sour cream, for serving
Instructions for cooking:
- Preheat the olive oil in a big pan and let it rest on medium heat.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil while it’s on medium heat. Spice the chicken with salt, pepper, and cook with occasional stirring. The cooking should last for about 8 minutes, or until it gets color. When finished, put it on a plate.
- Use both kinds of cheese and sprinkle them heavy on the top half of the tortilla, while adding it to a skillet. Then, add the cooked chicken mix, onion and pepper, chopped avocado and green onions. Turn the tortilla over and cook, flipping it once until brown, three minutes per side. Make four quesadillas this way.
- Cut it into smaller parts and serve it with sour cream.
If you want a quesadilla to go put it into a large box. Make the sour cream non-sticky so that the quesadillas come off easily. Serve with the sour cream as well as the extra sauce, salsa verde or guacamole.
If you can’t find refrigerated seasoned chicken, add 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle 1 spoonful of each: chopped tomato, green onion and ripe olives on the cheese plus chicken before cooking, if you have them on hand.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out some of our other blogs. Here at Rakija Grill, we have a wide variety of recipes for you to choose from. We specialize in traditional Balkan food. If you haven’t already been to our restaurant, you don’t know what you’re missing. Come check out the Balkan savory flavors fused with a Miami vibe, it’s a unique combination!